11 September 2011

Smart Card "No Driver Found" - continued

OK I did the MSoft RegEdit thing:

To stop dumb-arse "no Driver.." message

For x64-bit systems, identical changes must be made under the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Cryptography\Calais\SmartCards
    ATR=Hexadecimal      DWORD: 3B,8A,80,01,4A,43,4F,50,34,31,56,32,33,32,7D     (actually a REG_EXPAND_SZ)
    ATRMask= Hexadecimal DWORD: ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,00,00,00,00,00,00,00 (actually a REG_EXPAND_SZ)
    Crypto Provider=String value: "FRED Dummy Provider"                        (actualy REG_SZ)


This mask supposedely will recognise JCOP41 and JCOP31
The message seems to have stopped, but you never know
Now I get a NFC read with OMNIKEY 5321 v2  using "HID" - Omnikey Disgnostic tool 2.4.0.5

I had another Omnikey at home and couldnt get it to work (NFC only) so I dont know if all the drivers I downloaded will work with it of not

I recommend sticking with the dual (Contact/NFC)  5321

I also recommend not settling for Windows "Home"

3 comments:

  1. oops I didnt make "identical changes", i completely ignored

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography\Calais\SmartCards\YourNameHere

    so maybe the messages will come back...

    For Clients: Just tell them to get W7Pro and do the gpedit.msc thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976832

    ReplyDelete
  3. Professional upgrade is $200 ... ugh
    I believe I'll stick with Home and Regedit
    ANyway Wind8 is coming out soon (details tomorrow)

    ReplyDelete